Technical Project Manager
What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by a launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be in charge of delivering Open Cosmos’ simple-o projects in time and within the project budget. You will be in charge of preparing the proposal, capturing customer requirements and planning the project execution. You will interface with customers and the mission stakeholders, Open Cosmos’ technical and commercial teams, partners and suppliers. You will define timelines, allocate resources, identify risks and use Open Cosmos’ technologies and services to match the customer expectations. You will contribute to the design alongside with the systems engineering and mission operations teams.
You will oversee the delivery of the end-to-end space mission service, being involved in the selection and execution of building blocks, from launch service providers to ground segment infrastructure providers and all the regulatory landscape that frames the delivery of our services.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work directly with several engineering departments on parallel projects
- Understand the business needs of our customers to propose a project that can not only satisfy the technical aspects but also the business.
- Monitor progress, ensure in-time deliveries with quality and in an efficient manner.
- Identify project risks, mitigate them, communicate to stakeholders and report to management team.
- Foresee events and issues and find efficient solutions that are aligned with the company values and vision.
- Enable other teams’ members to do their work. Be a centre of coordination to reduce meeting overheads and be the enabler of cross-department initiatives.
Skills, attitude and experience
- University degree in a technically relevant domain
- 3+ years of experience in management of technical projects (in parallel) involving software development and hardware products in a multidisciplinary environment with cross-functional interactions
- Ability to deliver complex projects using Agile methodologies
- Strong capability to do multitasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- Lean / bootstrap mentality
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
Nice to have
- Experience in the aerospace sector
- Experience in projects related to satellite constellations
- System engineering experience
- Master several project management frameworks
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
- max. half a page covering letter