What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable access to space using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite QB01 in only four months, followed by a launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domains.
Description of the position
Tasks and responsibilities
Make the impossible possible
Meeting with the directors to discuss hiring strategy, technical needs, acting as a partner to the hiring managers
- Screening candidates who apply to our vacancies
Sourcing candidates on sites such as LinkedIn, Spacecareers, AngelList, Stack Overflow, and GitHub – often the best candidates are the ones not actively looking
Discussing candidates you’ve screened with the hiring manager and recommending top candidates for interviews
- Giving tours to candidates before their onsite interview – this is a chance to showcase all the exciting hardware we are building.
- Attending interviews alongside the hiring manager to evaluate candidates.
- Handling the HR on-boarding process including background checks, reference checks, negotiating offer packages, and issuing new hire paperwork
Required skills and experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
3+ years of work experience as in-house technical recruiter hiring software & hardware engineering positions
Comfort in and preference for working in a dynamic and fast-paced matrixed environment
Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a rapidly changing work environment.
Fluent English, both spoken and written.
Preferred skills and experience
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates.
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member.
- Fluency in German, French, or Spanish a plus
Open Cosmos in the media
Video – Open Cosmos products & services
“New Satcoms get ticket to space through ESA’s Pioneer programme” European Space Agency
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Apply in our careers page or send your application to email@example.com
– Links to your LinkedIn profile
– max. half a page covering letter