Who we are
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of the emerging new space industry. Our mission is to make space accessible to anyone, to help solve the world's biggest challenges. We do this by providing simple and affordable space missions, using nanosatellite technology, providing end to end space missions for customers around the world (private and institutional). We work with some of the biggest names in the industry, including the European Space Agency (ESA), but also with small and innovative high-tech companies, together developing the space technology and applications of the future.
Based at one of the world’s leading space campuses in Harwell, Oxfordshire, we are a young and ambitious team with the drive to define a greater future for this planet and the people living on it; therefore, when our minds come together to fulfil our mission to democratise the space we are happy to be part of something that is more than the best of each of ourselves.
Description of the Position
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will work with the Head of Finance running the company finances.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Financial planning & decision support
- Preparation and analysis of commercial results against budget/forecast/prior year
- Assisting Head of Procurement and Head of Finance with tender processes
- Research for cost projections
- Preparation of month-end management reporting
- Consolidation of management accounts
- Supporting project and business development teams by providing project finance documents
Skills, attitude and experience
- Quick learner
- Lean / bootstrap mentality
- Finance-related qualification
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent financial modelling skills and Microsoft Excel skills
Nice to have
- Experience of having been in a company during fundraise or exit
- Chartered accountant
- Purchasing experience
- Multi-country finance experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience in sales analytics
- Experience in investment-grade financial modelling
- Knowledge of Spanish or French is a plus
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Transport Allowance – extra pocket money to support our best talent working together
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
How to apply
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to your work.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Open Cosmos in the media
- Our Website - https://open-cosmos.com/media/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/open.cosmos.space/
- Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-cosmos/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/open_cosmos