Sales Engineer – Earth Observation / Remote Sensing
At Open Cosmos, our mission is to enable affordable, fast and easy access to space by providing turnkey solutions to M2M / IoT, communications, tracking, surveillance, remote sensing, science, and Earth Observation companies.
Our solution includes:
- qbapp mission simulation platform,
- qbee nanosatellite platform,
- payload development
- assembly, integration, and testing,
- launch procurement,
- frequency allocation,
- platform and payload operations.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Sales Engineer will identify, develop and manage new business opportunities beyond the normal activity conducted by the sales team.
You will become part of a team of satellite business development professionals and manage business development activities for 3 verticals:
- Earth Observation / Remote Sensing
- Space Technology development.
As part of your daily job, you will identify potential leads and manage the full sales pipeline from qualification to deal closure.
This internship position is available either in Harwell-Oxford, UK or in Toulouse, FR.
This internship can lead to a full-time permanent position.
- Build market positions in the by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals.
- Contribute to design, develop, own, manage and maintain the Earth Observation / Remote Sensing, Science, and Space Technology development value propositions.
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities.
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements.
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community.
- Conduct presentations, set up client demonstrations and visit client sites.
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public-private partnership programs.
- Define business opportunities with each potential lead and evaluate the financial benefit to Open Cosmos.
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals.
- Always be on the look to learn new things and share them with your team members.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
- A first relevant sales experience in the Earth Observation / Remote Sensing, Science, or Space Technology development sectors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, technicians, managers, and directors.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Can work effectively in structured or virtual teams.
- Can work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be driven, highly motivated, and committed to results.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Equipped with a strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience in the satellite industry.
- Experience in selling Earth Observation / Remote Sensing, Science, and Technology development for multiple verticals like telecom, agricultural, industrial, energy, Oil & Gas.
- Fluency in German, French and/or Spanish a plus
Open Cosmos in the media
Video – Open Cosmos products & services
“New Satcoms get ticket to space through ESA’s Pioneer programme” European Space Agency
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Send your application to email@example.com
– max. half a page covering letter