What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be engaged in the design and development of FPGA based algorithms as part of Open Cosmos’ electronics team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Implement digital signal processing algorithms for satellite subsystems
- Utilize Python and MATLAB for algorithm prototyping and optimization for efficient hardware implementation
- Conduct trade-off studies for performance power, complexity and reliability of DSP algorithms deployed on FPGA Fabric
- Support HDL-level design and verification
- Assist electronics design validation and qualification
Skills, attitude, competencies and experience
- Experience with major FPGA families (Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi)
- Experience with General Purpose DSP families (Analog Devices, TI)
- Experience in DSP Software and FPGA Firmware design
- Experience in DSP algorithm modeling and development in Matlab/Simulink/Python
- Experience in Digital high-speed Hardware design
- Experience in Embedded C or C++
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radio principles
- Familiar with Linux, python and scripting
- Quick to learn
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Knowledge of CCSDS Command and Telemetry Data Processing
- Design, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout
- Power systems, high speed digital circuit design and simulation
- Experience with ARM processors and Flash FPGAs
- Experience in RF
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Knowledge of and experience with Vivado/Libero IDE software
- Familiar with Altium Designer
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
- max. half a page covering letter