Space Mission Sales Engineer
Who we are
We are a dynamic and passionate team striving to make space accessible to help solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents who believes that with passion and drive nothing is impossible.
What we do
Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable space missions by bringing mass customisation to the satellite industry.
In April 2017 we launched qb01, our first nanosatellite, going from design to delivery in less than 6 months. This is the sort of challenges that get us excited and we need more talented people to help tackle more of these challenges.
We enable organizations from across industries to use space as a tool to solve problems down on Earth, removing space access barriers by:
1) Simplifying space technology
2) Offering an end-to-end solution
3) Reducing time and cost to orbit
You will become part of a team of sales professionals and strive in helping our customers solve the world’s biggest challenges through the use of satellite technology.
Your portfolio will include both technology companies looking to test their Earth sensors & communication payloads in orbit, as well as service providers looking to deliver a satellite constellation-based commercial service. As part of your daily job you will manage the full sales pipeline from lead identification to deal closure.
- Build market positions in the by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals.
- Contribute to design, develop, own, and manage the Simple-o value proposition.
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities.
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements.
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community.
- Conduct presentations, set up client demonstrations and visit client sites.
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public private partnership programs.
- Define business opportunities with each potential lead and evaluate the financial benefit to Open Cosmos.
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals.
- Always be on the look to learn new things and share them with the team.
- Drive to grow business and build long-term customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
- 2-5 years experience selling technology products, data products, or intelligence products.
- Communicate effectively with engineers, managers, and C-level.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Work effectively in structured or virtual teams.
- Can work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Equipped with strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in the satellite industry, either upstream or downstream.
- Experience in selling complex solutions bundling hardware, software and service.
- Fluency in German, French and/or Spanish.
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
– Half a page cover letter