Simple-i Sales Engineer
What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
You will become part of a team of sales professionals and autonomously develop your Simple-i customer portfolio targeting payloads ranging from Earth sensors & imagers to optical lasers and state-of-the-art radio transceivers.
As part of your daily job you will identify potential leads and manage the full sales pipeline from qualification to deal closure.
This position is available either in Harwell-Oxford, UK or in Toulouse, FR.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Build market positions in the by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals.
- Contribute to design, develop, own, and manage the Simple-i value proposition.
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities.
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements.
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community.
- Conduct presentations, set up client demonstrations and visit client sites.
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public private partnership programs.
- Define business opportunities with each potential lead and evaluate the financial benefit to Open Cosmos.
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals.
- Always be on the look to learn new things and share them with the team.
Skills, attitude, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
- A first relevant sales experience in a space technology company.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, technicians, managers, and directors.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Can work effectively in structured or virtual teams.
- Can work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be driven, highly motivated, and committed to results.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Equipped with strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in the satellite industry.
- Experience in selling solutions bundling hardware, software and service
- Fluency in German, French and/or Spanish a plus
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
– Half a page cover letter