Software automation engineer
What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be responsible to design, create, implement, test and deploy internal tools for automating internal processes which are currently done manually. These include technical tasks (e.g. generating build configurations), operations management tasks (product life cycle tools) and less-technical tasks (for example, automating business and management processes/workflows).
We have an active and collaborative social environment within the company.
As you will be working closely with the rest of the software team and most of the other teams, you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of space engineering and operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the automation tools as per the company needs to increase efficiency across the company.
- Lead the rollout and training of colleagues to embrace the new tools and monitor their usage.
- Lead the maintenance of the tools, fix any bugs with focus on diligent execution of urgent fixes critical to the business.
- Mentorship/training and motivation of colleagues.
- assisting company-wide projects and activities as part of the Open Cosmos team.
Skills, attitude and experience
- Experience in design and implementation of business automation tools
- Experience in design and implementation of product life cycle tools (PLM) and enterprise resource planner (ERP) tools such as Aras PLM, Open PLM, Odoo or similar
- Experience in deployment and management of cloud servers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of several programming languages and willingness to pick up new ones
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self-awareness
- Lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Have seen full cycle implementation of company wide automation and operations tools, from concept to routine maintenance and improvement.
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn profile
- max. half a page covering letter