Head of Talent
What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
Recruiting and retaining the best talents is one of the most critical activities we have on our plate, as it will define who we are as a company. As our Head of Talent you will be responsible for developing, implementing, measuring, and leading key initiatives and projects in recruiting, on-boarding, compensation, employee engagement, career & leadership development, culture & diversity, and performance assessment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Make the impossible possible
- Ensure HR practices and strategies enable delivery of specific, measurable business goals.
- Meeting with the directors to discuss hiring strategy, technical needs, acting as a partner to the hiring managers
- Meeting with the directors to discuss talent management strategy, acting as a partner to the management team
- Sourcing candidates on sites such as LinkedIn, Spacecareers, AngelList, Stack Overflow, and GitHub – often the best candidates are the ones not actively looking
- Discussing candidates you’ve screened with the hiring manager and recommending top candidates for interviews
- Handling the HR on-boarding process including background checks, reference checks, negotiating offer packages, and issuing new hire paperwork
- Developing, executing and advancing talent management plans while ensuring that strategic HR goals, policies, and programs are aligned with business strategy and initiatives
- Using data, analytic aptitude, and HR acumen to influence action, make recommendations and decisions, and assess results
Skills, attitude, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent from an accredited university
- At least 1 year of work experience working with senior leaders on making strategic talent decisions
- 3+ years of work experience as in-house technical recruiter hiring software & hardware engineering positions
- Comfort in and preference for working in a dynamic and fast-paced matrixed environment
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Demonstrated success with driving and managing organisational integration and change management with positive results.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
Nice to have
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent from an accredited university
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates.
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member.
- Fluency in German, French, or Spanish a plus
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn
- max. half a page covering letter