Front end developer
What we are building
Open Cosmos Ltd. is revolutionising the way space technology is used. Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone and advancing science and technology, we are developing a series of services and produces allow us to offer a ride to orbit to payloads of any kind at a record low price and short time to orbit.
We are a young, dynamic and very ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. Having gone from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite in less than six months, Open Cosmos’ first satellite was deployed into orbit at the end of April 2017. The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers that will be launched in 2018.
Open Cosmos is based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus, Oxfordshire, UK.
Description of the position
Space industry experience is not required.
- Experience with TypeScript, WebPack, Angular 4, Material design.
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Familiarity with a UNIX-like command-line interface (e.g. Linux / BSD/MacOS terminals)
- Quick learner and open to new technologies
- Interest to work in the space industry in a startup environment
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and under pressure
- Self-driven, embrace challenge and working outside of your comfort zone
- Committed to fulfil customer requirements and expectations
- Experience with Java, C#
- Understanding of writing parsers/generators for auto-generating code/tests/documentation
- Knowledge of languages other than English
- International experience
Open Cosmos in the media
Video – Open Cosmos products & services
“New Satcoms get ticket to space through ESA’s Pioneer programme” European Space Agency
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Apply in our careers page or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter