Systems Engineer – Mandarin
Open Cosmos are revolutionising space technology and opening up the cosmos to everyone. Our simple, affordable satellite missions give organisations the chance to use space technology as a tool to get your ideas into orbit. Our mission is to make the leaps in space that become the leaps on Earth.
Compiled of 60+ people from over 15 nationalities, we have a culturally diverse workforce full of Engineers, Software Developers, Mission Managers, HR experts and even Recruiters! Beyond the office, we have bakers, long distance runners, climbers, rowers, golfers and mixed martial artists!
By making space data more accessible and affordable, we want to be the platform that allows applicable solutions to be the prevention, not the cure. When tragedy strikes, Earth Observation satellites can be used to detect where resources would be most effective and map out the scale of damage to help decision makers rebuild.
Description of the Position
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ systems team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible to lead and manage the analysis and engineering aspects of Open Cosmos space missions. The candidate is expected to be involved in the whole cycle of a mission from concept, to tests, V&V, to orbital operations support and telemetry analysis. This position requires a Systems Engineer fluent in Mandarin.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate different technical teams to deliver a consistent technical solution.
- Lead requirements and verification plans.
- Perform analysis and required tests at system and subsystem level.
- Propose improvements to increase the performance of Open Cosmos satellites.
- Manage Space segment interfaces
- Define key orbital operational parameters and analyse their data.
- Support bid work, sales team, mission and operations teams, customer support or any other teams within the company with technical information and documentation related to engineering.
- Maintain systems level documentation.
Skills, attitude and experience
- Proven experience in satellite systems engineering. To have seen the full cycle of a space mission, from conception to end of life.
- Have experience of MBSE and MBSE tools.
- Have experience in FMECA, FDIR and CONOPS.
- Fluent in Mandarin.
- Experience in managing budgets 9eg. Power, mass, link, data & pointing)
- Have good knowledge of the subsystems involved in a satellite: power system, on board computer, AOCS, comms, propulsion, mechanical.
- Have good knowledge of AIT processes.
- Have knowledge of the regulatory environment: frequency allocation, insurance, export, debris mitigation.
- Quick to learn and teach.
Nice to have
- Experience in project management
- Experience managing communication with suppliers
- Technical experience in the development of specific subsystems
- Hands on experience on AIT
- Experience in QA/PA
- Systems experience in ESA missions
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Daily healthy snacks at the office
- Weekly team lunches
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club
- Remote working and Home working as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
How to apply
Visit the career section of our website here.
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to LinkedIn and your work (eg. GitHub, C++, <iostream>).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.