Lead RF Engineer
Who we are
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of the emerging new space industry. Our mission is to make space accessible to anyone, to help solve the world’s biggest challenges. We do this by providing simple and affordable space missions, using nanosatellite technology, providing end to end space missions for customers around the world (private and institutional). We work with some of the biggest names in the industry, including the European Space Agency (ESA), but also with small and innovative high-tech companies, together with developing the space technology and applications of the future.
Based at one of the world’s leading space campuses in Harwell, Oxfordshire, we are a young and ambitious team with the drive to define a greater future for this planet and the people living on it; therefore, when our minds come together to fulfill our mission to democratise the space we are happy to be part of something that is more than the best of each of ourselves.
Description of the Position
You will be joining Open Cosmos’ satellite development team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible to deliver communication module and RF related designs to be embarked into our satellites.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, simulation, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout
- Design communication RF systems and high speed digital circuit design
- Execute design validation and assist with design qualification
- Support systems and mission analysis engineers by performing system level tasks related to link budgets, data budgets, networking
- Develop embedded software required for the communications module
- Plan and execute testing of RF systems and satellites
- Work independently and under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfill customer requirements and expectations
Skills, attitude and experience
- Proven industrial experience in product engineering. To have developed several products, seen full cycle including functional and environmental testing involvement
- >7 years experience in RF design, SDR
- Experience in assembly, integration and test of high reliability systems (aerospace, automotive…)
- Experience in EMC testing
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes to aid design for manufacturing
- Experience managing communication with suppliers
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
Nice to have
- Experience in the space sector
- Space systems engineer experience
- Supply chain network
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
How to apply
Visit the career section of our website here.
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to LinkedIn and your work (eg. GitHub, C++, <iostream>).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.