Front End Developer
Who we are
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of the emerging new space industry. Our mission is to make space accessible to anyone, to help solve the world’s biggest challenges. We do this by providing simple and affordable space missions, using nanosatellite technology, providing end to end space missions for customers around the world (private and institutional). We work with some of the biggest names in the industry, including the European Space Agency (ESA), but also with small and innovative high-tech companies, together developing the space technology and applications of the future.
Based at one of the world’s leading space campuses in Harwell, Oxfordshire, we are a young and ambitious team with the drive to define a greater future for this planet and the people living on it; therefore, when our minds come together to fulfil our mission to democratise the space we are happy to be part of something that is more than the best of each of ourselves.
Description of the Position
You will be joining the Open Cosmos Programmes software development team and you will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and delivering several of the software modules of one of our core products: beeApp.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the UX/UI design
- Lead the design and implementation of front end modules
- Lead the design and implementation of back end modules
- Integration of development operation tools
- Support the Customer Success Team to improve the user experience
- Input to the technical road-map
Attitude and experience
- Experience in databases
- Experience in front end development (2+ years)
- Experience in implementing back end algorithms
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Experience in integrating development operations & developer experience tools
- Quick to learn and coach others
- Back end skills in SQL, Java, C++ or C# will be highly valued
- Knowledge in tools such as Kubernetes, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Unix Command Line, Bash scripting, build systems or Testing frameworks
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Annual Company Retreat
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
How to apply
Visit the career section of our website here.
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to LinkedIn and your work (eg. GitHub, C++, <iostream>).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.