Back-End Software Engineer
Who we are
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of
the emerging new space industry. Our mission is to make space accessible to anyone, to
help solve the world's biggest challenges. We do this by providing simple and affordable
space missions, using nanosatellite technology, providing end to end space missions for
customers around the world (private and institutional). We work with some of the biggest
names in the industry, including the European Space Agency (ESA), but also with small and
innovative high-tech companies, together developing the space technology and applications
of the future.
Based at one of the world’s leading space campuses in Harwell, Oxfordshire, we are a
young and ambitious team with the drive to define a greater future for this planet and the
people living on it; therefore, when our minds come together to fulfil our mission to
democratise the space we are happy to be part of something that is more than the best of
each of ourselves.
Description of the Position
You will be joining the Open Cosmos Programmes software development team and you will
be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and delivering several of the software
modules of one of our core products: beeApp.
Tasks and responsibilities
● Participate in the software architecture design
● Lead the design and implementation of back end modules
● Integration of development operation tools
● Support the Customer Success Team to improve the user experience
● Input to the technical roadmap
Attitude, experience and skills
● Commitment and proactiveness
● Experience in microservices-based back end development with Golang (Go).
● Experience in databases
● Experience in integrating development operations & developer experience tools
Nice to have
● Front end skills in React and other frameworks like ES2017, HTML5 or CSS4 will be
● Back end skills in SQL, Java, C++ or C# will be highly valued
● Embedded software skills and experience
● Knowledge of tools such as Kubernetes, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Unix Command
Line, Bash scripting, build systems or Testing frameworks
How to apply
Visit the career section of our website here.
Please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to LinkedIn and your work (eg. GitHub, C++, <iostream>).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.