Space Technology Call To Orbit will boost innovation in the space sector, enabling organisations of all sizes and backgrounds to get payloads ready for In-Orbit Demonstration. It’s a unique opportunity to disrupt the space industry.
The objective is to validate that your technology is ready for launch in an Open Cosmos small satellite and define a clear execution plan that will enable the technology to service a commercial opportunity.
If you’ve identified a technology with strong commercial potential, which requires one or several assets in orbit and complies with the conditions of the challenge, here’s your chance to get it off the ground.
Upon successful completion of the challenge phases using Open Cosmos’ beeInnovative and beeReady services, we’ll hold a final review. If your project is selected you’ll have the opportunity for In-Orbit Demonstration of your space technology using our beeOrbital service. Our staff will offer expert support and guidance throughout the challenge.
Your application must comply with the following:
- The technology, when put into orbit, addresses a market need.
- Your organisation or startup can be located at any country in the world.
- Your proposal is submitted between 1st October 2018 and 30th September 2019.
- You assign one contact manager as the contact point with Open Cosmos.
- You sign a service agreement.
- You deposit 3.600€ before receiving the beeKit satellite qualification platform, which will be reimbursed upon its return.
- You cover the cost of shipping the beeKit back to Open Cosmos.
The Space Technology Call To Orbit consists of four phases:
- Application Submitted 2 weeks Phase 1
- Successful application announced 1 month Phase 2 Plan and design your mission
- PDR 2 months Phase 3 Qualify and test your payload
- CDR 2 weeks Phase 4 Final review
- Space mission
Upon successful completion of Phase 1, Open Cosmos will provide one month free access to beeApp during Phase 2.
After Phase 2, Open Cosmos will: Send a beeKit for two months free payload development and qualification during Phase 3. Provide two months free access to beeApp during Phase 3.
Get your space technology off the ground
Call to Orbit is open to projects that require one or several assets in orbit. To apply, check the conditions of the challenge and complete the Application Form.
The Application Form (in .pdf) together with any relevant applicable documents shall be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
# Aim high, go beyond!