Senior Sales Executive, LATAM
Who we are
We are a dynamic and passionate team striving to make space accessible to help solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents who believes that with passion we can tackle the world’s global challenges.
What we do
Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable space missions.
In April 2017 we launched qb01, our first nanosatellite, going from design to delivery in less than 6 months. This is the sort of challenge that gets us excited and we need more talented people sharing that same passion and drive.
We enable organizations from across industries to use space as a tool to solve problems down on Earth, removing space access barriers by:
1) Simplifying space technology
2) Offering an end-to-end solution
3) Reducing time and cost to orbit
You will become part of a team of sales professionals and strive in helping our customers solve the world’s biggest challenges through the use of satellite technology.
Your portfolio will include both enterprise as well as institutions and governments looking for end-to-end space missions acquisitions. As part of your daily job you will manage an extensive sales pipeline, provide product demonstrations to prospective customers, and build strategic business relationships with key institutional and enterprise decision makers.
- Build market positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals.
- Contribute to design, develop, own, and manage the Simple-o value proposition for LATAM.
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities.
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements.
- Identify new channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community.
- Conduct presentations, set up client demonstrations and visit client sites.
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public private partnership programs.
- Define business opportunities with each potential lead and evaluate the financial benefit to Open Cosmos.
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals.
- Always be on the look to learn new things and share them with the team.
- Drive to grow business and build long-term customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
- 5+ years experience selling EO technology products, data products, or geo-intelligence products in the LATAM region.
- Communicate effectively with engineers, managers, and C-level.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Work effectively in structured or virtual teams.
- Can work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Equipped with strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in selling complex solutions bundling hardware, software and service.
- Fluency in German, French and/or Spanish.
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Half a page cover letter