RF/Telecomms Engineer (201610_Telecomms_eng)
What we are building
Open Cosmos Ltd. is revolutionising the way space technology is used. Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable access to space using nanosatellite technology.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone and advancing science and technology, we are developing a nanosatellite platform and a series of services that allow us to offer a ride to orbit to payloads of any kind at a record low price and short time to orbit.
We are a young and very ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. Having gone from design to delivery of our first nanosatellites in only four months, Open Cosmos’ first satellite will be launched to the ISS in the first Orbital ATK’s Cygnus capsule of 2017, to then be released to low earth orbit.
Open Cosmos is based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus, Oxfordshire, UK.
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be in charge of the satellite telecommunications subsystem and antennae design, test and validation.
She/he will be involved in the design, simulation, manufacturing and testing of telecommunications systems and dedicated ground and flight software, as well as in charge of the testing equipment and facilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support mission analysis and system engineers
- Work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Work individually under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work out of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfil customer requirements and expectations
Skills and competences
- Experience in RF, electronic engineering, space telecommunications
- Experience on RF schematics and PCB layout design
- Experience on EMC analysis and design
- Experience on multi-layered PCB layout design
- RF/Analog PCB and antenna design
- Telecomms system design
- Link budget
- Experience in RF testing
- C programming language or C-like language (e.g. C#, C++, Java, JS)
- Verilog or VHDL
- Quick learner
- Interest to work in the space industry in a start-up environment
Linux/Unix shell scripting proficiency (bash, grep, one of sed/awk/perl, ssh, etc)
Familiarity with POSIX (e.g. “files”, file descriptors, fork, exec, sockets)
Experience on GHz-transceiver schematics and PCB layout design
High-speed >1GHz digital electronics design.
Knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards and recommendations
Knowledge of ITU regulation
Knowledge of languages other than English
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Send your application to email@example.com
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter