What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be engaged in designing, simulation and validating and testing electronic systems as part of Open Cosmos’ electronics team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout
- Power systems, high speed digital circuit design and simulation
- Assist electronics design validation and qualification
- Documentation and design libraries creation and maintenance
Skills, attitude, competencies and experience
- Experience on embedded systems
- Experience designing and testing electronics
- Familiar with Linux, python and scripting
- Strong interest in electronics
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Experience with ARM processors and FPGA
- Experience with C, C++
- Experience with Verilog/VHDL
- Experience with power electronics design and testing
- Experience in RF characterisation and measurement techniques
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Linux shell scripting
- Familiar with Altium Designer
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
- max. half a page covering letter