What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure reaching and maintaining quality across the company to satisfy the customers expectations and the company vision.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the definition and monitoring of quality KPIs to cover all aspects of the business
- Lead the definition and implementation of quality strategy in the company including cross-department processes and workflows in collaboration with the relevant teams
- Train, motivate and recruit the quality management team and company colleagues
- Train all the company on a continuous basis on quality practises, processes, workflows and standards
- Create relevant documentation required for internal and external use
- Work independently and under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfill customer requirements and expectations
Skills, attitude and experience
- Experience in quality management in full cycle high tech environment involving external suppliers for key products and services
- Experience in driving the implementation and certifying quality management systems in accordance to ISO 9000 standards
- Experience in quality monitoring and KPIs
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- Lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Experience in quality control for production chains
- Experience in the aerospace sector
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn profile
- max. half a page covering letter