Electronics Engineer (201610_Electronics_eng)
What we are building
Open Cosmos Ltd. is revolutionising the way space technology is used. Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable access to space using nanosatellite technology.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone and advancing science and technology, we are developing a nanosatellite platform and a series of services that allow us to offer a ride to orbit to payloads of any kind at a record low price and short time to orbit.
We are a young and very ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. Having gone from design to delivery of our first nanosatellites in only four months, Open Cosmos’ first satellite will be launched to the ISS in the first Orbital ATK’s Cygnus capsule of 2017, to then be released to low earth orbit.
Open Cosmos is based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus, Oxfordshire, UK.
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be in charge of designing, simulation and validating and testing electronic systems as part of Open Cosmos’ electronics team.
She/he will be involved in a fast design-test-iterate cycle that characterises Open Cosmos’ work.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout
- EMC analysis
- Experience on embedded software using ARM and FPGA
- Work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Work independently and under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfil customer requirements and expectations
Skills and competences
- Quick learner
- Interest to work in the space industry in a startup environment
- Open to new technologies
- Over 5 years experience in high speed >1GHz digital circuit design, validation and testing or equivalent experience
- Over 3 years experience in EMC analysis or equivalent experience
- Experience on high current circuit analysis, design, validating and testing.
- Experience on designing 8 layers PCBs
- Experience on designing, validating and testing analog circuits
Space electronics design experience
Experience on embedded software using DSP
Agile methods experience (Agile, Scrum, …)
Knowledge of languages other than English
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter