Customer Success Engineer (2017_CustomerSuccess_eng)
What we are building
Open Cosmos Ltd. is revolutionising the way space technology is used. Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable access to space using nanosatellite technology.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone and advancing science and technology, we are developing a nanosatellite platform and a series of services that allow us to offer a ride to orbit to payloads of any kind at a record low price and short time to orbit.
We are a young, dynamic and very ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. Having gone from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite in less than six months, Open Cosmos’ first satellite was deployed into orbit at the end of April 2017. The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers that will be launched in 2018.
Open Cosmos is based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus, Oxfordshire, UK.
The following job opening is available:
Description of the position
The successful Customer Success engineer candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be in an important team member who will work with our existing customers, training them in building great satellite missions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Sales (create, manage and close business opportunities)
- Account Management
- Product Management feedback-loop
- Training of customers in using Open Cosmos products and services successfully
- Training of staff
- Sales pipeline management (including cadence with rest of the sales team)
Skills and competences
- Quick learner
- Passion to for happy customers
- Technical experience in the satellite, mobile or computer industry
- Interest to work in the space industry in a startup environment
- Experience in providing training, e.g. Customer Success, Professional Services, Consulting or Sales
- Knowledge of languages other than English
- International experience
Existing network and relationships in the space industry, startup community and government
Hobby electronics wizard, drone operator, IoT gimmick builder or STEM educator
Passion for automation
Open Cosmos in the media
“New Satcoms get ticket to space through ESA’s Pioneer programme” European Space Agency
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Apply in our careers page or send your application to email@example.com
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter