CCO Chief Commercial Officer (201705_CCO_eng)
What we are building
Open Cosmos Ltd. is revolutionising the way space technology is used. Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable access to space using nanosatellite technology.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone and advancing science and technology, we are developing a nanosatellite platform and a series of services that allow us to offer a ride to orbit to payloads of any kind at a record low price and short time to orbit.
We are a young and very ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. Having gone from design to delivery of our first nanosatellites in only four months, Open Cosmos’ first satellite was launched to the ISS in the first Orbital ATK’s Cygnus capsule of 2017, and is now operating in low earth orbit.
Open Cosmos is based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus, Oxfordshire, UK.
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be starting off as a business developer and then move towards becoming the CCO Open Cosmos.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Sales (create, manage and close business opportunities)
- Account Management
- Product Management feedback-loop
- Training of customers in using Open Cosmos products and services successfully
- Training of staff
- Sales pipeline management (including cadence with rest of the sales team)
Skills and competences
- Multi-year experience in sales
- Quick learner
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Solid technical sales skills
- Passion to for happy customers
- Interest to work in the space industry in a startup environment
- Experience in managing sales and customer success teams
- Knowledge of languages other than English
- International experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience in sales analytics
Existing network and relationships in the space industry, startup community and government
Track-record of winning joint bids and grant applications
Passion for automation of sales operations
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter