What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will work with the Head of Finance (and a Finance Manager) on running the company finances. This position can be part-time, full-time or a progression thereof. Most of the tasks can be taught and professional experience is a plus.
Tasks and responsibilities
- filing and categorising of invoices/receipts
- expenses for executives
- invoicing for customers
- Month-end preparations
- reconciliation of payments in accounting tools such as Xero
- supporting project and business development teams by providing project finance documents
Skills, attitude and experience
- quick learner
- lean / bootstrap mentality
- finance background or proven track-record
- proactive attitude
Nice to have
- knowledge of languages other than English
- existing network and relationships in the space industry, startup community and government
- International experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- experience in sales analytics
- experience in investment-grade financial modelling
Open Cosmos in the media
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Links to your LinkedIn profile
- max. half a page covering letter