Open Cosmos makes space accessible to help solve the world’s biggest challenges.
To do so, we are revolutionizing the way we use space technology. We provide simple and affordable space missions using nano- and micro-satellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO May 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2019. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
Basic knowledge of either EO or Coms payloads. The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos Programmes team in Harwell-Oxford (UK). He will be reporting to the Head of Strategic Partnerships and will be responsible for the management of bids and relationships needed to develop space missions for future projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the identification of funding opportunities in France and the UK
- Lead and define proposals for commercial and institutional space missions and R&D projects. That includes:
- Translating customer requests coming from the commercial team into space mission requirements
- Iterating with customers on the technical drivers of their needs and requirements
- Defining a space mission architecture: space, ground, launch segment, and regulatory segment. In the case of the space segment, identify the payload type and associated partner
- Leading, coordinating and writing of full proposals with support from the technical, supply chain and commercial teams: technical definition, cost definition
- Support the development of tools and database to automotise the bid process
Required skills, attitude and experience
- Engineering background in space
- Proven experience in space mission analysis
- Strong experience in excel
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audience
- Being able to tackle commercial, technical and programmatic constraints
- Autonomous and challenge-driven
- Proactive and resourceful
- Strongly motivated and ability to communicate it
Desirable skills and experience
- Coding skills in Java script, VBA, Matlab
- Mission analysis through STK, Savoir or other tools
- Satellite design
- Project management
- Bid management
- Negotiation with customers