Business Development Manager – M2M & IoT
At Open Cosmos, our mission is to enable affordable, fast and easy access to space by providing turnkey solutions to M2M / IoT, communications, tracking, surveillance, remote sensing, science, and Earth Observation companies.
Our solution includes:
– qbapp mission simulation platform,
– qbee nanosatellite platform,
– payload development
– assembly, integration, and testing,
– launch procurement,
– frequency allocation,
– platform and payload operations.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Business Development Manager will identify, develop and manage new business opportunities beyond the normal activity conducted by the sales team.
You will become part of a team of satellite business development professionals and manage business development activities for 3 verticals:
- M2M / IoT
- Global Tracking
As part of your daily job you will identify potential leads and manage the full sales pipeline from qualification to deal closure.
- Build market positions in the by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals.
- Contribute to design, develop, own, manage and maintain the M2M / IoT, Communications, and Global Tracking value propositions.
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities.
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements.
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community.
- Conduct presentations, set up client demonstrations and visit client sites.
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public private partnership programs.
- Define business opportunities with each potential lead and evaluate the financial benefit to Open Cosmos.
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals.
- Always be on the look to learn new things and share them with your team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
- A first relevant sales experience in the IoT / M2M, Communication or Global Tracking sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, technicians, managers, and directors.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Can work effectively in structured or virtual teams.
- Can work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be driven, highly motivated, and committed to results.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Equipped with strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the satellite industry.
- Experience in selling IoT / M2M solutions including hardware, firmware, software for multiple verticals like telecom, healthcare, industrial, energy, Oil & Gas.
- Fluency in German, French and/or Spanish a plus
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter