Electronics Engineer (201610_Electronics_eng)
What we are building
Open Cosmos Ltd. is revolutionising the way space technology is used. Open Cosmos provides simple and affordable access to space using nanosatellite technology.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone and advancing science and technology, we are developing a nanosatellite platform and a series of services that allow us to offer a ride to orbit to payloads of any kind at a record low price and short time to orbit.
We are a young and very ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. Having gone from design to delivery of our first nanosatellites in only four months, Open Cosmos’ first satellite will be launched to the ISS in the first Orbital ATK’s Cygnus capsule of 2017, to then be released to low earth orbit.
Open Cosmos is based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus, Oxfordshire, UK.
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be in charge of designing, validating and commissioning embedded software for Open Cosmos’ space and non-space products. Likewise, the candidate will contribute to the expansion of Open Cosmos’ global satellite control infrastructure as member of the software team.
She/he will be involved in a fast design-test-iterate cycle that characterises Open Cosmos’ work.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, write, validate and commission embedded software for space and non-space systems
- Design and perform software test campaigns both at subsystem and system levels
- Work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Work independently and under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfill customer requirements and expectations
Skills and competences
- Experience in embedded software using ARM and FPGA
- Experience in real-time software design
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Familiarity with a UNIX-like command-line interface (e.g. Linux / BSD/MacOS terminals)
- Knowledge of signal processing (analog and digital) and radio-frequency telecommunications are beneficial
- Quick learner
- Interest to work in the space industry in a startup environment
- Open to new technologies
Experience automating tasks with shell scripts
Some familiarity with GDB / GCC / Makefiles
Familiarity with SSH and Screen/TMUX
SEU-tolerant software experience
Agile methods experience (Agile, Scrum, …)
Knowledge of languages other than English
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
– Links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles (if applicable)
– max. half a page covering letter